Information for Parents
Thank you for all of your support so far and all the positive feedback that you have sent me. The children seem to be enjoying the work so far and part of that is down to you helping them to access it and answering most questions that they have. If there is anything you are stuck on at home or would like advice for how to support your child's learning, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
For their work, the children will be set:
- A daily English task
- A daily maths task.
The should take between 30-45 to complete and have been planned so that you do not need to print anything off, if you do not wish to.
The children should also be:
- Completing tasks from their topic grid (some tasks may take more than one day)
- Reading at least 4 times a week for 15 minutes or more (this can be independent reading at any time of the day) - see the year 5 and year 6 reading pages for links to websites with free ebooks or audiobooks. They can also read any books you have at home which you feel are appropriate.
- Practising their weekly spellings on the Spelling Shed (to be completed over the week)
- Taking part in a weekly TTRockstars battle.
Don't feel under pressure to complete all of these tasks. Fit in what works with you.
There are also optional tasks, which the children could complete. Do note that these are optional and do not need to be completed. You can also provide activities for your children.
We have set up a few methods of communication, so that we can support you and your child at home. You can use any of these to contact us. This is down to personal preference and which one you use is up to you - there is no set rule as to which one to use for what. These include:
- Email - You can email me at email@example.com with the subject 'Kestrel Class' or 'FAO Mr Clarke' about anything you would like support with or to share any work the children have completed.
- Class Dojo - You can use this to message me about anything. To use this, you will need to email the school 'corona hotline' on the email address you would like to be notified with.
- Contact Forms - On the website, there are many contact forms you can use to contact me. You will find one below as well as on the 'Contact Mr Clarke' pages of the Kestrel Class Home Learning Hub.
The children also have access to our class blog. This can be found here (click this link) and they can use it to ask for help, share work, share what they have been up to and keep in touch with their classmates, teaching assistants and myself. If your child has not received their class blog login details, send an email to us and I can resend the information.
The children have developed so much since September and you should be proud of the young people they have become. I will miss them greatly and hope that they and you stay safe in these unsettling times. I hope that we will be back before the summer holidays, so we can wrap up the year and so the year 6 children can complete all of the usual end of year 6 activities. If we, unfortunately, cannot return back to school before then, we will have a year 6 leavers party when we possibly can - even if it is in the next school year. I will remain optimistic about this and hope that we will meet again on the other side.
To contact me to clarify anything or to share what your child has done, fill in the contact form below starting your message with 'FAO Mr Clarke'.