30 hours funding for 3/4-year olds
We Are Offering 30 Hours Of Free Childcare
The government has a scheme which offers ‘30 hours free childcare’ to some families with children aged 3 to 4-years-old.
What is the ‘30 Hours Free Childcare’ scheme?
All 3 and 4-year-olds in England are currently entitled to up to 15 hours a week free childcare for 38 weeks of the year (during school term-times) and an additional 15 hours for some eligible working families. For our Pre-School, this means that your child can attend full-time sessions Monday to Friday.
How do I know if I am entitled to 30 hours free childcare?
In order to receive 30 hours free childcare, you’ll need to be able to answer ‘Yes’ to the following questions:
- Is my child be aged 3 or 4?
- Are both parent/carers working (or am I as a sole parent/carer, working)?
- Does each parent/carer earn (on average) the equivalent of 16 hours a week at National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage?
- Does each parent/carer have an annual income of less than £100,000?
- Do I live in England?
- The easiest way to find out whether or not you’re eligible is to use this free online calculator.
How do I apply for 30 hours free childcare?
To apply for 30 hours free childcare you’ll need to make an online application to HRMC.
- Once you’ve completed your application, you’ll be told whether or not you’re eligible for 30 hours free childcare.
- If you are eligible you will then receive a code.
- You will need to bring your code into Pre-School and give it to the Pre-School Manager, along with your National Insurance number.
- Then all you have to do is wait for your Pre-School Administrator to check the code is correct, and set up your free childcare hours for you. It’s as simple as that!